The Disaster and Backup Plan intends to inform about the procedures to take into account in the event of disasters or anomalies of hardware, network and power for Mozambique POC reference installations. Part of the recovery and back-up plan below will be validated during the test, pilot and field work and will be adjusted according with the findings to reach the most suitable, sustainable and user oriented architecture.
SERVER FAILURE AT HEALTH FACILITY LEVEL
For the pilot, it is specified that there will be local mini server running PoC at the Health Facility.
The planned preventive measures are:
- Daily database backups to external Hard Disk Drive located in safe locker at HF;
- Daily database mirroring to a secondary redundant mini server located at the Health Facility;
- Daily database backup to a remote site located at the DPS and MoH (when the infrastructure and connectivity conditions are ready and functional).
In the event of Server failure, the following counter measures are planned:
- If it is the case of database corruption, a database backup located in external hard disk will be used to restore the data. There might be some minimal data loss, mainly the data introduced that day, since the most recent backup will be from the previous day.
- If the mini server becomes inoperable, the redundant mini server (which is the clone of damaged one) with the previous day database backup will be turned on as main server. There also might be some minimal data loss of current day registries.
- In the case of catastrophic events like fire, flood or other natural disasters, another mini server must be requested from the central level (MoH), and the daily remote database backup will be used to restore the data. There also might be some minimal data loss of current day registries.
SERVER FAILURE AT MoH/DPS LEVEL
After the pilot phase, the MoH has specified the following:
- There will be no mini servers at the Health Facilities;
- The main servers will be located at the DPSs;
- There will also be secondary/redundant server located at the MoH that will work in the case of the failure of the main servers.
The following preventive measures will be performed at DPS and MoH level:
- Daily database backups to external Hard Disk Drive located in safe locker at DPSs and MoH;
- Daily database mirroring from DPSs to the secondary redundant server located at the MoH;
- Daily database backup to a remote site located outside of DPS and MoH (to be decided by MoH).
For this event, some prior actions are going to be performed in order to minimize its impact:
- There will be some maintenance works at facility level for power/electrical conditions, as required per health facilities;
- These maintenance works will be to create or improve conditions at Health Facilities to accommodate the implementation of the PoC hardware infrastructure;
- Actions as installing solar panels and batteries system, electricity generators, Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) are in the plan.
The following preventive measures will be performed at Health Facility level:
- Installation of 770V UPS at each workstation (computer);
- Installation of 3KVA UPS for main server and network equipment;
- Installation of solar panels for some health facilities where the power connectivity is really unstable;
In the event of Power failure, the following counter measures are planned:
- The workstation users must save their work while on UPS and shutdown the workstation;
- The servers and network equipment will be shutdown automatically after 30minutes through save shutdown option of UPS;
NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE FAILURE
Preventively, these are the planned actions:
- Install network infrastructure monitoring tool at the central level, to monitor in real time the uptime and usage of the network connectivity from HF to DPS and from DPS to MoH through Govnet;
- Install network infrastructure monitoring tool at the health facility, to monitor in real time the uptime and usage of the LAN network connectivity. The monitoring tool could be accessed from outside through TeamViewer software.
In case of failure or bad functioning at health facility level (LAN) the IT team will diagnosis the problem and if required replace the equipment or wiring.
In case of failure of bad functioning of GovNet connectivity an official request must be sent to GovNet Point of Contact to solve the problem.