Mozambique Programme Assistant
Cape Town, South Africa with regular travel to Mozambique
Fixed term contract
Jembi Health Systems NPC is a small but accomplished non-profit social enterprise developing and implementing eHealth and health information systems in Africa. Jembi has its head office in Cape Town, South Africa and satellite offices in Durban, Maputo (Mozambique) and Kigali (Rwanda). Jembi collaborates with many other organizations in Africa and internationally on a range of innovative and cutting-edge projects strengthening health information systems in low resource environments (see www.jembi.org).
To assist programme management and research support for specialized health information system
development projects at the national level in South Africa and Mozambique.
Workplace (Place of Work):
Jembi’s office in Cape Town, South Africa
- Undertake desk research and advisory support for development;
- Support donor reporting processes, coordinating with country teams to ensure timely submissions;
- Fund development and grant management: preparation of funding proposals; tracking of grant milestones;
- Represent department in various cross-cutting organizational initiatives and task teams;
- Coordination of administrative support for country program implementation;
- Support Programme and project dissemination initiatives to stakeholders;
Qualifications & Competencies:
To successfully fulfill this role you will need the following qualifications and work experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in management or social sciences or related field with a minimum of 1 – 2 years relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of social and country infrastructure of Mozambique;
- Experience in the international NGO sector (1 – 2 years);
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Portuguese are essential.
Enquiries and Applications:
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and a covering letter motivating your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 28 November 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Queries can be sent to the same email address.